Young Audiences of Indiana provides a wide range of workshops, residencies, and performances that can reinforce standards in the visual and performing arts, as well as other curriculum standards. Programming is designed for preschool, elementary, middle and high school students. Residencies, special clinics, afterschool programs, and teacher workshops are also available with select artists. All of our artists go through an extensive audition and professional certification process to be approved as “Young Audiences’ Teaching Artists.”
WHEN SCHEDULING, PLEASE BE READY WITH THIS NECESSARY INFORMATION:
Audience Limits for Performances
300 students or less = one performance
301-600 students = two performances
601 or more = three or more performances
Fees are for in-school programs.
For non-school venues, please call the office for pricing.
PLEASE read the following information prior to scheduling your Young Audiences’ program:
1. Programs: Most programs and artists are available during school hours throughout the school year.
2. Time Limits: Most performances are 45-60 minutes in length and are based on a maximum of 300 students unless otherwise specified. Workshops are 45 minutes to two hours in length and are based on a maximum of 30 students. Most program pricing is based on 45-minute sessions unless otherwise specified.
3. Audience Size Limits: Audience size limits ensure that every student will benefit fully from the program. If audience size exceeds maximum limits, an additional fee will be charged per performance or workshop. All artists reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a program if audience size exceeds limits. The school or site will be charged accordingly. Please refer to the “Audience Limits” listed below for verification.
SINGLE performance rates are for 300 students or less. If the program is for more than 300 students, you must book two performances.
DOUBLE performance rates are for 2 performances that must take place within a 3 and 1/2 hour time span at the same site. (The first performance must begin and the second must end within 3 and 1/2 hours.)
SUBSEQUENT WORKSHOPS are defined as any additional, consecutive workshops booked for an artist at the same site and on the same day.
4a. A change in the number of programs scheduled will result in an alteration of the contracted program fee.
4b. Materials: Some artists will require a supplies fee per session for workshops and residencies.
4c. Mileage: A travel cost will be
charged when artists travel more than 20 miles from downtown Indianapolis.
Mileage costs are calculated at 40.5¢ per mile for 1 car, round trip
from the center of Indianapolis to the destination city. Some artists will
require additional mileage if traveling from outside Indianapolis, or require
more than one vehicle. Sites sharing artists on the same day in the
same area may divide mileage costs per day.
Most YA artists will require two or more events in locations 1 hour or more from their hometown. You may consider contacting another school in your district to share in the requirements.
5. Accomodations: Young Audiences reserves the right to require board and overnight accomodations for artists if they travel two hours or more to reach a performance site, have an extended residency stay, or give an early morning performance. In these instances, the sponsors are responsible for providing housing and meals or supplemental per diem to cover these costs. If several schools are involved in booking a performance(s), costs may be divided accordingly. Some artists prefer to stay in hotels/motels rather than private homes.
6. Confirmations: Upon verbal agreement between Young Audiences, the artist(s) and the school, printed confirmation will be sent to the contact person along with a program guide. This confirmation will be considered a formal written confirmation and is binding. Approximately one month before the scheduled program date(s) or as time allows, invoices will be mailed.
7. Cancellations: Adverse weather or illness may cause cancellation of scheduled programs. YA will reschedule these programs when possible. For cancellations other than weather or illness, please notify Young Audiences at least one month ahead or as soon as possible before scheduled program date(s); cancellations may be subject to a partial or full payment if cancelled within less than one week of the scheduled date.
8. Contracting Agent: The artists' relationship to Young Audiences hereunder is that of an independent contractor. Young Audiences serves solely as the contracting agent.
9. Young Audiences is not responsible for monetary or other damages brought about by either the program or any rescheduling. Young Audiences will endeavor to ensure that the programs/workshops/residencies are presented as scheduled.
10. Payments: Payment of all fees shall be made directly to Young Audiences of Indiana within seven (7) days after the program(s) ends. School purchase orders must be received in advance of performance date.
There will be a $15.00 charge
if an invoice is left unpaid beyond thirty days.
All payments are to be made payable to
Young Audiences of Indiana, Inc. and mailed to:
Young Audiences of Indiana, Inc.
3921 N. Meridian Street, Suite 210
Indianapolis, IN 46208